So the holidays are over. Don’t you just love the mini vacation though? I sure do! But vacations/holidays can definitely take its toll on our body. So it is time to get back on track. I know, I know!! Time to get back to your routine.
I had an amazing time with my family and friends, check some pictures HERE. I enjoyed the food we had, while still being mindful and staying on track as much as possible. How did you do? Did you eat too much?
Here are some tips to help you get back on track faster:
- Start where you are. It might be easier to start there and have a period of transition than trying to jump right back into your old routine. Ease back into it.
- Don’t try to do it all at once. You might just feel overwhelmed and will fail and then feel like crap. Focus on one thing at a time.
- Drink more water, it will help you flush out faster.
- Stop eating those leftovers. They’re just extra carbs.
- Eat more veggies and add more fiber to your meals.
- Cut your salt intake. More than likely, your meals during the holidays had a higher amount of salt than you’re used to. So avoid it for a few days.
- Stop weighting yourself too often to check the damage. Weight yourself once and set it as the start weight of your journey, but avoid weighing yourself every day.
- Love yourself and accept that you enjoyed the Holidays with the people you care about.
- Don’t beat yourself up. Ditch the guilt. It isn’t worth it. You are living a healthier lifestyle and that includes enjoying the holidays.
Hope these tips help you recover faster and get back on track. What helps you get back on track? Let me know in the comments.
Anywhoooo, next time you’re shopping online, on Amazon, make sure to do so using my link! It’s absolutely FREE for you, and you’ll be supporting this blog!