Ok guys. It is December 1st. We have officially entered the last month of the year. Holiday seasons has already started a few weeks ago, and staying strong during these days is a real test of your strength. Hope you behaved during Thanksgiving.
I love December, because it is all about being cozy, decorating, time with family, love, and lots of FOOD. I LOVE eating!! 😂 I am Dominican so the food that we eat during the Holidays is just crazy delicious, but I won’t mention them so you don’t get hungry while reading.
Anywayyssss…. I am here to tell you that it is possible to make your December a bit healthier. Don’t worry, you won’t be skipping any of the amazing goodies. Also, some things to help you spend a happier Holiday Season with your family. I am all about Family, spending time with them, sharing memories, and what better time than the Holidays for that.
Here are a few tips:
- Walk outside. Specially if you live in a state where you’re able to see all seasons, so you can enjoy the scenery. Unfortunately I live in Florida, so we don’t get to enjoy the pretty Holiday views, but we still have good weather to go out for a run. But if it’s too cold, just go for a quick walk around your neighborhood, through the park, take the kids, or walk your dog more often. It’s normal to lose some motivation to workout during the holidays, so this will give you peace, energy and a good quick workout.
- Play some board games with the family. This is a great way to spend some quality time with your loved ones. If you don’t already, make it part of your Holiday tradition. This will have such a positive effect on your well-being.
- Snack on heathy foods often so that you don’t indulge in all the sweets. Of course, do not deny yourself the pleasure of Christmas treats, but snacking on healthy options often during the day will help you control those cravings. But have the cookie, it won’t hurt you. Having a treat in moderation is part of your healthy living.
- Practice some meditation or yoga. We all know that this time of year can get a little stressful because of all the presents you need to buy, the cooking, people visiting, etc. So calm your mind with a little meditation, some yoga, read a book, anything that will help you take some time to sit and relax.
- Squeeze in a short intense workout. Like I mentioned earlier, it is normal to lose motivation to go to the gym around this time, therefore doing a quick at home workout that doesn’t require much equipment will help tons. The short duration makes it easier to squeeze it in anywhere during your day.
- Bake cookies with the family. You can start looking for healthier recipes starting now, so that you can spend some time with the family making these cookies. This is another great way to have fresh cookies, instead of store-bought, and to also spend quality time with your loved ones.
- Lastly, but definitely the most important one, pray that you’ll get through it. You won’t believe the power there is in prayer. Share with God your fears, anxieties, and what you have planned each day, allow Him in and accept His peace.
Remember the reason for the season. Being around your loved ones. Focus on the people you love, spending as much time with them as possible.
This is the best season of the year and you’re alive, so enjoy it! Remember how blessed you are!
Also, if you need help getting started on a program to help you stay healthy during the Holidays, or to start the new year coming, visit my Contact page and send me your goals. Plus, don’t forget to Join My Mailing List to get your FREE PDF on a few extra Tips, and receive any updates on more free goodies and new products coming.Let’s do this together!
Next time you’re shopping on Amazon, be sure to use my link! Doing so is absolutely FREE for you, and a great way to support this blog!
So, what are some ways you get through your December? What are some of your tips? Let me know in the comments!