One of the most asked question I got when I first started working out with a full-time job and going to school full-time was:
How can you manage a fitness journey and a busy life?
If your kids start feeling like you’re not spending enough time with them because you’re going to the gym, or you can’t seem to find time to workout, finish a school project, or a work deadline, I get you. I have been there, trust me, except for the kids part.
When these things start to happen to you, you have to immediately figure out a way to quickly and efficiently do what you need to do.
If this is your case, feeling like you are constantly going at full speed while trying to get everything done at work/school, spend quality time with your loved ones, and make progress at the gym, you’re probably coming to the realization that something has to give.
Exercise is probably not one of your main priorities. That’s ok, don’t beat yourself up, because we all have different priorities that are important to us. Just make sure you have them in the right order, and other things aren’t taking a higher place than it should.
When you start getting into a healthy and active lifestyle, it doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice everything that you already do. It just means that you may have to rework what you currently do. You have to adjust your schedule so that you can balance both.
Some tips you can try that will help you find some sort of balance:
- Pay more attention to what you eat. Try to eat better, meal prep if the time allows it, but try to eat things that will increase your energy and lower your body fat %. Meal prepping will reduce your unhealthy food intake.
- Never, EVER, skip breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of your day and this is what will set the tone for you. This will boost your metabolism at the beginning of your day.
- Try to move as often as you can at work. Stay active. Take advantage of any opportunity you get to walk around, stand, do some squats, anything.
- Take advantage of any free time that you have. Wake up a few minutes earlier, if there’s a quick 15 min break, or your day off, make sure you do a quick intense workout.
- Plan everything ahead of time. Keep a calendar and make sure to use it. Set aside time for your workouts. When you do this, you feel more committed and follow through. I actually set alarms for everything I need to do, my meals, workouts, etc.
- Try different times for your workout. Try going to the gym before and after work on different days until you see what works best for you. Just make sure to pack what you need.
- If you have kids, find something to do while your children sleep. Don’t just take a nap, get moving. Do a quick workout, clean the house, stay active. You can also try to incorporate your kids in your workouts. This is the best way to introduce this lifestyle to them while young.
These are just a few tips that I hope help you better manage your time when you get started on your fitness journey. These are tips that I experienced myself and hope you can incorporate them into your life too.
Also, if you are looking for some help on how to start your journey, if you need a workout or meal plan, visit my contact page and send me a message so that we can get you started. Plus, don’t forget to Join My Mailing List to get your FREE PDF on a few extra Tips, and receive any updates on more free goodies and new products coming.
Let me know how you do.